Identify and research a US public company in your pathway that has Property, Plant and Equipment. . It should be on the Fortune 500 list. Don’t use a company that someone has already used. Please put the company’s name as the subject of your post. Access their recent (less than 12 months) annual 10-K report for the company at the EDGAR filings at SEC Edgar search tool or Yahoo or Google finance. Include the URL of the report in your initial post.
Requirements: (DO NOT USE AMAZON) SOMEONE ALREADY SELECTED
IT CAN BE ANY COMPANY
- Review the report and in a minimum of 3 paragraphs, tell us the following:
- The name of the company and your pathway
- When was the report filed and the time period it covers, indicating specific dates, not just 2020?
- What are the company’s major product lines?
- What Property, Plant, and Equipment categories do they have and what are the dollar amounts for each category? If the numbers are in millions, state that.
- What methods of depreciation do they use for those categories? Hint: See the notes to the financial statements.
- What did you find interesting about they types of Property, Plant, and Equipment they have and the depreciation methods they have chosen?
Examples of businesses in pathways could be:
- AHCD: Dance, Theater, Film production, Social media, Graphics design or architecture business
- Business: Accounting office, caterer, advertising firm, dry cleaner, restaurant, any business is acceptable
- Education: K-12 tutoring, Child care, Charter schools
- Health Sciences: Dr. or Dentist office, PT office, Hospital, Insurance co,
- IMCT: Engineering Co., Aviation maintenance, Aviation distribution, Supply Chain Management, Auto manufacturing
- Public Safety: Law office, PI, Equipment providers for the industry
- STEM: Engineering Co., Vet. Office, Computer Services co.
- SGSHS: Psychology office, Non-profit agencies, Social Media, Hospitals, Drug manufactures