The following exercise introduces you to how an organization’s culture influences its ability to make desirable changes aligned to its mission, values, and strategies.
Complete the collaboration warm-up exercise, Assessing the Role of Collaboration in Facilitating Organizational Change. A transcript of this interactive exercise is also available.
Consider what you learned in the experience and respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words:
- What do you think the role of collaboration is in assessing organizational culture?
- How do you think collaboration can assist an organization to align its current organizational culture with one that will facilitate positive change?
- What do you think the role of collaboration is in initiating change?
- What are some of the strategies you could use to contribute to effective collaboration when initiating change?
- Describe a behavior you have expressed in the past that prevents effective collaboration. Explain how you could avoid repeating this behavior and identify a more effective one to replace it with.