In this assignment, you will be writing a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) analysis for a health care provider of your choice.
- Choose a health care provider that you are familiar with, is in your community, or you are curious about. Conduct several Internet searches, looking for the following information:
- The health provider website: Annual reports, et cetera.
- CMS.Gov quality reports.
- Healthgrades data and/or patient satisfaction scores.
- County or regional demographics.
- Watch the video, How to Perform a SWOT Analysis.
You may submit a typed paper or a PowerPoint presentation containing the following information:
- Introduce your provider and provide background information (1–2 pages).
- Based on the information gathered, develop a SWOT analysis in a chart or list format. Please include:
- Two strengths of your provider.
- Two weaknesses of your provider.
- Two opportunities for your provider.
- Two threats to this provider.
- Provide reasoning and support for your analysis (minimum of two sentences per choice).
- Develop one marketing flyer directed to a particular segment of the provider’s market that highlights its strengths.
- Use three sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Develop a marketing flyer for a healthcare provider that is informed by a SWOT analysis.